Terms and Conditions of Hire
Terms & Conditions of Motorhome hire
We have a strict policy of no pets in our hire vehicles. No one other than the drivers named in the proposal forms may drive the hired vehicles.
All named drivers must be over 25 (Drivers over 75 need to contact us first for confirmation), of good health and have held a full/valid driving licence for at least two years.
The licence must be clear of any endorsements apart from up to six points for Speeding Offences, if there are any other current endorsements special conditions may apply.
All licences required must be produced at vehicle collection.
Persons with serious convictions within the last eleven years will not be permitted to drive the hire vehicles (including drink driving offences).
Visitors from abroad (does not apply to EU Countries) are advised to obtain an International licence. It does not automatically disqualify you from driving if you do not meet the required criteria, but we shall need to refer you to our insurance company to check if they will offer insurance cover.
Full payment is it taken to secure booking. The rental is only confirmed once all monies have been received.
Cancellation of Bookings
Cancellations must be in writing, and are charged as follows:
• Should you cancel your confirmed booking more than 4 weeks prior to commencement of hire you will forfeit any deposit paid.
• Should you cancel your confirmed booking up to 4 weeks prior to, or fail to turn up for commencement of hire, you will forfeit the booking deposit and will be charged for 50% of the rental fee.
• This will also apply if, upon inspection of named drivers’ licences, they are found to be invalid or do not comply with the information required when the booking is taken.
• You will not be allowed to take the vehicle away if you do not have your photo drivers card and two proofs of address (incl. one utility bill) when collecting the vehicle.
• VW Camper Hire Yorkshire recommends that the hirer takes out cancellation insurance.
Full payment is it taken to secure booking.
A security deposit of £500 is taken on collection and is fully refundable upon safe return of the vehicle on the agreed date and time unless previously agreed by VW Camper Hire Yorkshire.
Late returns will be surcharged at the rate of £25 per hour, or part hour.
In circumstances beyond our control if the Motorhome previously booked by the hirer is not available due accident, theft, weather conditions, or any other reason or circumstance, then we will endeavour to supply a replacement motorhome of similar size and specification, if this is not possible then we will refund all monies paid immediately , VW Camper Hire Yorkshire will have no obligation whatsoever with regard to refunding any monies paid for campsites booked , events booked, travel booked, or any other circumstances.
All Motorhomes are comprehensively insured for the named drivers during the hire period only as detailed on the booking form.
In the event of an insurance claim, the full £500 deposit will be taken to cover the full insurance excess of £500. Any damage to the vehicle during the hire period that is not covered by an insurance claim will be deducted from the refundable deposit; this will include any loss of equipment.
Every accident or any damage must be reported to VW Camper Hire Yorkshire immediately by telephone and an accident form will have to be completed at the end of the hire period.
Any damage to tyres, windscreen and any theft of personal property is not covered by our insurance, and any such damage shall be at your expense. VW Camper Hire Yorkshire recommends that the hirer takes out their own personal belongings insurance.
Driving by non-named drivers and any late returns of motorhomes renders the insurance invalid and the driver therefore commits an offence under the road traffic act, and will be solely responsible for any damages of personal injuries incurred.
Limitations & Liabilities
VW Camper Hire Yorkshire accepts no responsibility for replacement vehicle costs, travel or accommodation costs or any other loss claims arising from a Motorhome breakdown or accident.
• Is liable for any cost incurred for speeding or parking fines, congestion charges or any other offences committed against the road traffic act regulations.
• Must remember that although these are leisure vehicles, it is an offence to drink and drive.
• Undertakes responsibility for the control of the vehicle on hire to you.
• Is liable for all overhead damage to the vehicle resulting from any accident. The maximum height of the vehicle is clearly stated.
• Shall not tow any trailer or vehicle behind the hired vehicle.
• Shall not carry more passengers than the seating capacity of the vehicle, as defined in the vehicle specifications or allow the vehicle to be overloaded.
• Shall ensure that the driver and all passengers required by law to do so shall, at all times when the vehicle is being driven wear the seat belts provided.
• Shall not use the vehicle to carry passengers or goods for hire or reward.
• Shall not, without written consent from VW Camper Hire Yorkshire, remove the vehicle from the UK mainland.
Breakdown & Accidents
The hirer must provide their own breakdown cover if required. Accidents and breakdowns must be reported immediately on 07976 707602.
Mileage is included in the price, at an average of 100 miles per day. Mileage in excess of this is charged at 25p per mile.
The motorhome and its contents remain the property of VW Camper Hire Yorkshire at all times.
The hirer is required to keep the vehicle securely locked at all times when it is left unattended, and to refrain from any action or omission which may prejudice VW Camper Hire Yorkshire rights to the vehicle.
The following are strictly prohibited in our Motorhomes, VW Camper Hire Yorkshire reserves the right to retain in part or whole the refundable deposit if additional deep cleaning or repair is required upon return of the vehicle due to:
• Pets (unless previously arranged)
• Any other animals
VW Camper Hire Yorkshire reserves the right to vary rates and conditions at any time.
VW Camper Hire Yorkshire offer secure free car parking for your car whilst you are away, however, vehicles are left entirely at the Owners Risk. Only one allocated parking space is provided per Motorhome hire, with additional vehicle parking available at an additional charge; prices available on request.
The hirer acknowledges delivery of the vehicle and it’s contents, free from defects or damage, other than as specified by VW Camper Hire Yorkshire before the commencement of hire the hirer is advised to check the vehicle thoroughly before leaving the premises of VW Camper Hire Yorkshire.
The vehicle must be returned in the same condition as when hired, with the interior and appliances clean.
VW Campervan Hire Yorkshire will make a charge of £50 for the cleaning of un-emptied chemical toilets and for the cleaning of dirty or stained carpets or upholstery.
Fuel, Oil & Gas
A full tank of fuel is supplied with the vehicle at the commencement of hire and the hirer is expected to return the vehicle with a full tank of fuel.
There will be a surcharge of £25 plus the cost of fuel for any fuel shortage.
The hirer will be liable if incorrect fuel type is used.
The hirer will be responsible for the regular checking of oil and water levels, and the use of the correct type of fluids.
Our vehicles are fitted with refillable gas bottles which can be refilled at any fuel station supplying LPG, The vehicles are supplied with full tank of gas you just return the vehicle with whatever is left in the tank, we don’t charge for gas used.
VW Camper Hire Yorkshire has the right to refuse to handover the Motorhome on arrival of the hirer to any person who in our opinion is not suitable to take charge of the vehicle, due any concerns we have for the safety of the vehicle or its occupants or other road users, In this situation all monies paid to us will be refunded in full immediately, VW Camper Hire Yorkshire will have no obligation whatsoever with regard to refunding any monies paid for campsites booked , events booked, travel booked, or any other circumstances.
Strictly no animals (Pet considered by previous arrangement)
It is against the law to smoke in all hire vehicles. A fixed penalty notice of £250 will be imposed if customers are found to have been smoking in our Motorhome. Or a maximum fine of the full Damage Deposit could be imposed if damage is caused by smoking.